Sunday, November 19, 2006

Eyes washed by tears

Hi,

I enjoy traveling in India for the experience it brings to me.

Last week, I took the local train. I traveled in the lowest possible class in the train to know people. Being the least expensive of all classes (of travel), the compartment was crowded, with no seats to spare. To my side were two college kids talking about things that interest them.

One of them mentioned that his family had to starve yesterday, and went to bed without having the supper. He also added that his dad borrowed from someone he knew to feed the family that day morning. His friend, who seemed better off, offered to buy a cup of tea (from a passing vendor). The young man who had starved promptly refused. His reason: "A packet of milk - containing half-a-litre - is sold for 6 bucks. Buying a small cup of tea for 6 bucks is unthinkable and is atrocious".

Isn't it true that only eyes that are washed by tears can see things clearly?

Vijay

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am seeing the whole world and all those laws and principles under the sun before me when I'm reading this post...! I dont think anybody will discard this statement. I know, this blog is dedicated to your Dad.

November 21, 2006 7:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home