Saturday, September 09, 2006

Choosing the right role model

Hi,

I was reading about Naguib Mahfouz - one of the greats in Eygpt's literature history. He is one literary figure Eygpt could always be proud about.

This man had wanted enthusiasm and wisdom to flow in the streets of Cairo and he did trigger several intiatives to make it happen. I was interested in knowing what could be the driving force behind his drive. I found the following, which held me in awe.

Mahfouz felt that curiosity can be best understood through the decision of one early Muslim ruler to ransom Christian prisoners in exchange for works of Greek philosophy, medicine and mathematics.

The great author had wanted to live a life filled with the same level of curiosity. And he did lead one. What a life and what a role model!

This set me thinking. Who could be my role model? A deep introspection helped me find a few. I found that my role model could be a mix of the below:

Gandhi / MLK / Lincoln / Bharati / Arthur Schopenhauer / Scorates / Darwin Smith / Steve Mockler

With best regards,

Vijay

1 Comments:

Blogger vishal said...

hi my role model...

September 20, 2006 8:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home