Saturday, September 23, 2006

The changed face of India

Hi,

I am a die-hard optimist. I had always thought that India had a great future. All it had to do was to tweak its people to do their best.

I saw it happening a couple of days ago. I had "unconsciously" (one of theose tickmarks that had actually sought permission if the bank can make e-payments) sought my credit card company to debit my account for paying my telephone bills. As I had not informed my folks at home about this, my bills were paid at both ends - one from my credit card and the other from my home.

I appraoched the local telephone office to sort this out. I was in for surprises-after-surprises.

The reasons being:

1. Extremely courteous staff

2. Willingness to listen, with a problem-solving orientation

3. Ability to solve the issue on hand, by coordinating with their billing office and operations team

These came from the Government-owned telecom company.

I only hope that this attitude spreads as wildfire across all Government departments.

Join me in welcoming the new face of India!


Vijay

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sure that India started shining..!

October 28, 2006 6:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home